Step-By-Step Guide Helps Busy Entrepreneurs Use Market Research To Fuel Revenue Growth
Launching and funding a successful business today requires an in-depth understanding of the market. What problem does your company’s product or service solve? What is the size of the potential market? Who are your customers and what is your competitive advantage in the marketplace?
These questions can all be answered by conducting market research and writing a market analysis for the business plan.
In The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Market Research, Menlo Park economist and author Anne M. Wenzel guides entrepreneurs step-by-step through researching and writing the market analysis section of a business plan.
The book offers a “boots on the ground” approach for someone actually launching or growing a business.
Features of The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Market Research include:
- Worksheets for compiling demographic information, templates for market analysis and the business plan, and a grid for analyzing the competition
- Case studies showing how entrepreneurs have used market research information to develop profitable business strategies
- A business-plan template with guidelines for each section
- Tips and insights for completing market research in each chapter
- Online and community resources listed in each chapter
- Bullet point summarizing steps at the end of each chapter
Wenzel, herself a principal in a market research firm, takes entrepreneurs through the process of assessing such things as market size and growth, market trends and needs, emerging technologies, competition, and distribution patterns. She discusses types of market research and makes it clear what market research can and can’t do to improve the chances of success. Finally, the book shows entrepreneurs how to document findings as part of a well-written business plan, an invaluable tool for their own decision-making that can also be shared with potential partners, lenders, and investors.
The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Market Research, ISBN 978-0-313-39605-2, is available from Amazon.com and other major booksellers.